12 Safety Rules for Catholic Dating – Don’t Get Caught Out There!
As my kids are getting older, I’ve found myself re-examining my feelings on dating. The last time I dated anyone, I wasn’t Catholic. Converting to the true faith involves re-defining the way I approach life and dating in general.
So how does one date a traditional Catholic? What is allowed and what is not allowed? In some ways, I feel like a teenager again learning the rules. In some ways, I feel like the traditional Catholic world is like a time capsule. You hear such anachronistic terms such as courting spoken of as if it is a part of normal, every day conversation. If you use the word courting at work or with your neighbors, they look at you as if you just grew a unicorn.
Like I said, it is all new to me. Maybe some of you can help me out.
In the meanwhile, I found this awesome article, which lays down the rules.
I was so delighted to find this great article on Catholic Collar And Tie, called Catholic Dating : 12 Safety Rules.
The 12 Rules
- Be sure your life is based firmly on prayer
- Never be alone together
- Watch your conversations
- Make your time together active times
- Make sure your activities are wholesome
- Dress appropriately and modestly;
- Avoid actions that cause arousal
- Be honest about yourself:
- Be honest with yourself:
- Keep any kisses to a quick peck
- End it as soon as you realize this is not the person for you
- Don’t be secretive about your dating:
What do you all think? Do you agree?