Happy Feast of St Francis of Assisi
The Perfect Joy of St Francis was the first book I read about St Francis and it changed my life. As I continued my spiritual journey, I eventually developed a vocation for the third-order Dominicans but I never stopped having the love and reverence that I have for St Francis. The good thing is that the Dominicans also consider St. Franics to be their Holy Father and the Franciscans also refer to St. Dominic as their Holy Father.
St Francis was the perfect example of someone who took up his cross and followed Jesus. While on the earth, he denied himself all sort of physical comfort. He loved his brothers and sisters and loved preaching the word of God like Christ did.
As we celebrate the Feast of St Francis, may we look to him for inspiration on the phrase, “the first shall be last”.
Happy Feast Day and Enjoy Susan Boyle’s rendition of “Make me a Channel of Your Piece”.
- African Priest Prays to Pagan God Olokun at Assisi 2011 in the Basilica of St Francis
- Happy Feast Day, Christ the King!
- There Were Haters In the 16th Century Too – And They Had the Nerve to Hate on Francis de Sales
- Happy Feast of Saints Peter and Paul!
- Sunday, 11/20/2011 – Toledo, Washington – Traditional Latin Mass at St. Francis Xavier Mission